Prickly Pear Therapy & Training seeks an office administrator to support the growth of a thriving Latina-owned private clinical practice. Services offered at Prickly Pear Therapy & Training include treatment of adults, children, adolescents, couples and families, as well as psychological assessment and organizational consultation. This position will report to Dr. Serrata, Co-Founder.
If you are a bilingual (Spanish-English) outgoing, friendly, positive, and reliable person interested in a position with opportunity for growth, we want to speak to you! The ideal candidate must demonstrate proven initiative, stellar organizational skills, and will be a self-starter who follows through on tasks. Attention to detail is critical and the applicant should be the kind of person that catches mistakes that most other people would miss. Applicants must be welcoming to clients, families and children/adolescents of all ages, ethnicities, and abilities. Must have excellent customer service skills and must be hard working and reliable. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Answer phones and respond to email inquiries
- Troubleshooting basic technology issues related to computers, printers, phones, etc.
- Data tracking for the practice
- Maintaining office, including ordering supplies when needed
- General Executive administrative support
Insurance Billing and Client Services
- Managing client waitlist and scheduling screening sessions
- Verify patients’ insurance coverage
- Help in the management of insurance claims
- Denial and insurance follow-up management
- Add charges, and post payments into patient accounts
- Reconciling billing system with financial management system
Working knowledge of office equipment including desktop computer, printer/copier, phone necessary. Proficiency in MS Office and MS Excel preferred. Insurance billing and verification experience, as well as experience with a medical software.
Paid training provided. Flexible hours to start. Weekly hours may vary from 20-25 hours/week but applicants must be available to work shifts scheduled between the hours of 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday and possibly additional evenings and Saturdays depending on need. Must be available on short notice if needed.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Bilingual (Spanish and English)
- High School Degree or Equivalent
- Skilled in the use of software applications such as Microsoft Office, Google Drive, etc.
- Ability to work proactively and independently
- Critical thinking and attention to detail
- Highly organized
Other Qualification Preferences:
- Prior experience in a private practice or medical setting but not necessary
- At least two years’ experience as an administrative assistant or equivalent but not necessary
Hours: Weekly hours may vary from 20-25 hours/week but applicants must be available to work shifts scheduled between the hours of 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday and possibly additional evenings and Saturdays. Must be available on short notice if needed.
Place of work: The offices of Prickly Pear Therapy & Training located at 4422 Pack Saddle Pass, Suite 101, Austin, TX 78745.
Compensation & Benefits:
- W-2 employment with competitive compensation
- Culturally-affirming, supportive team environment
- Comfortable office space
- Paid time off